February 16th, 2007
day 16-image grid
The exercise for today on the connections theme:
1. Find four photos/imagery you find interesting.
2. Go to the library and write down the titles of the first four books with red covers.
3. Relate the titles to the photos.
process: I found just doing step one was useful in creating some intriguing connections. juxtaposing the images creates a tension and the brain attempts to create meaning from the combinations. after putting the grid together i felt that this was interesting on it’s own without the titles.
description of images:
1. antique postcard from dieppe, france.
2. wooden beads found in a junk shop that I keep in a jar on my desk.
3. shoe box.
4. trees in my backyard. (photo by jeff pitcher)
1. Women in Dada
2. the Arts in higher education
3. Art & Culture
(next time I will pick books from different sections.)