1. I love all of my readers. You guys are the best. (Especially “Folks call me Johnny”, who makes me laugh at least once a week. I almost peed myself several times.)
2. Today was a wonderful day. Happy baby. Happy Momma. Happy family.
3. For Elizabeth: I would recommend the Pema Chodron lecture “Getting Unstuck” (available from Sounds True). It is also available in book form. It is just easier for me to listen to lectures currently, and hers are really fantastic.
4. My dog got sprayed by a skunk a month ago. He still smells. He is sleeping by my feet. Can you conjure that smell right now? Try it.
5. My “Adfree” interview went really well. I realize after not talking about the matter for a couple of years I had so much built up about it and I completely unleashed it all in one fail swoop. Actually there is a lot more in there but I will save it for another time. I have never been more passionate about questioning advertising than I am after having my children. I want to reinvent the whole world for them. But if I can’t do that then at least I will speak out against what I feel is wrong. I will let you know when the article is out/up later this week, after I read it myself first. I’ll give you a hint, it’s a Toronto newspaper.
6. The feedback for “Finish This Book” is really amazing so far! Seeing people working on the pages thrills me to no end (and makes me a bit jealous because I really want to do it too but as I mentioned, time is short). I want to tell you to go see what people are doing in the Flickr Group, but I realize that you probably shouldn’t go because it will give too much away (the book is in part a mystery after all). So don’t do it. Save it for yourself to discover. You’ll thank me for it.
7. The fall weather makes me reminisce about my bookstore, where I worked before I became a full time illustrator/author. On the cold days we always had a fire going and you could cosy up in the big, feather stuffed couches and read to your heart’s content. It is a magical place, with creaky wooden floors and beautiful paintings with secret hiding places behind them (true story). I haven’t been there for a few years now. I wonder if they carry my books?
9. I left number 8 intentionally blank.
10. Number nine didn’t really have much content to it.
11. Neither did ten now that I think about it. To make up for it I will write about the next thing that comes into my head. Right now…
12. My feet are cold.
13. I didn’t promise it would be interesting. I should probably go to bed now.